For the 3rd year, Mike McCann will be riding for a special cause, Autism Speaks, Inc.
This Sunday, October 6th marks the 8th Annual Ride for Autism Speaks Philadelphia, being held this Sunday, October 7th.
Checking in the Ferry Terminal Building Parking lot at the Camden Waterfront, hundreds of bikers will ride 60, police-escorted miles until their final destination, House of Blues in Atlantic City. Here, the good-hearted riders will enjoy live music, food, cash bar, and raffle auction will be in gear.
Not a rider or passenger? No worries because you can still make a difference! Anyone who wants to help the fight against autism can simply participate with just a small fee of $35. Along with a an unforgettable day, you’ll receive admission, a commemorative t-shirt, and a raffle ticket toward the raffle auction, which will take place at the after party.
Registration begins at 9am and the ride for the cause begins at noon. For more information, or to donate, click HERE.
Did you know?
- Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation $137 billion per year
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
(Sourced from http://www.autismspeaks.org/)