Spring is winding down, summer is fast approaching and as far as Philadelphians are concerned, the party is just getting started! Here at Mike Mccann Team headquarters, we are already looking forward to getting out and about to experience everything that Philly has to offer. With a weekend lineup that includes a super patriotic Stripes and Stars Festival and a Game of Thrones themed brunch it is hard not to get excited. For those of you that like to work hard and play hard just like us, check out what we’re doing this weekend and make sure you let us know about your weekend plans–we definitely do not want to miss out on anything happening in this fantastic city of ours!
- Okay, so, first things first. Instead of sitting around watching Netflix on Friday night or scrolling through your contact list trying to make desperate last minute plans, we highly suggest you go straight to Morgan’s Pier to get your dance on and shake off all of that work week exhaustion. If you haven’t been to Morgan’s Pier yet you are in for a serious treat, their impressive drink menu and high class bar food offers something for everyone, from the wild and crazy to the calm and classy. The awesome atmosphere, funky deck space and beautiful view of the Ben Franklin Bridge offers the feeling of being on mini vacation right inside the city. This Friday, Claude Vonstroke has promised a fun filled, lighthearted DJ set with dancing underneath the stars, so come out and get down. If you accidentally get stuck to the couch tonight, have no fear, DJ Duo, Holy Ghost will be back to do it all over again on Saturday. Come join us at Morgan’s Pier and kick off the weekend right!
- Clear your schedules Saturday for the Philly Vegfest at the Headhouse Shambles (2nd and Pine St. in the beautiful Society Hill). Vegfest will be highlighting the amazing Philly vegetarian/vegan food scene. The amount of veg-friendly restaurants in Philly has been growing rapidly over the past couple of years and the idea of having all of these amazing chefs and their signature dishes in one location is almost overwhelming. Even the most dedicated carnivores will surely find something that suits their tastes. From the most junky, vegan junk food available to presentations on healthy eating, Vegfest is definitely packing a powerful (and cruelty-free) punch.
- After you fill up at Vegfest make sure you head over to the Stars and Stripes Festival to celebrate the creation of the American Flag. This all day display of American pride will be taking place at multiple locations throughout the city including Independence National Historical Park, the National Constitution Center and the Betsy Ross House. This festival is a great excuse for Philly natives to take in some of this city’s rich history that we too often overlook. The best part, all of the fun, games and interactive history exhibits are relatively cost free AND kid friendly!
- For those of you with kids, we highly recommend that you take a trip to the Chester County Balloon Festival where your children will be absolutely mesmerized as over 20 hot air balloons take flight at the same time. This display will be accompanied by live music and some enchanting presentations throughout the night. We can’t think of a better way to create some fantastic memories for you and your children.
- As far as Sunday funday goes, why not start it off at City Tap House over in University City for their George R. R. Martin inspired meal, Brunch of Thrones. With some very far-out food and a round of Game of Thrones trivia, this is a very adventurous way to spend your Sunday. Reservations recommended.
- Bonus! If you want to carry some of your weekend fun over to Monday night, hit up the Trocadero for Movie Mondays. If you want to watch movies of questionable taste in a unique venue with themed cocktails then Movie Mondays are for you. Not only is this a delightfully quirky way to spend an evening but it is very reasonably priced and sometimes they even offer some extras like movie trivia. Not a bad way to wind down the weekend and add some fun to the start of the work week.
We love all the amazing stuff happening this weekend! Tell us about your plans; we are always looking for new ways to get to know Philly! Happy weekend 🙂