70, sunny and breezy—perfect weather for springtime festivals. Lucky you, there are a handful of great events to choose from this weekend!
- The Rittenhouse Row Spring Festival is this Saturday from 12-6pm enjoy tasty treats from Alma de Cuba, Barclay Prime, Butcher and Singer, the Continental, The Dandelion, El Rey and Parc (so much STARR deliciousness!). It’s beautiful and green in the Rittenhouse area, so slap on some sunscreen, put on your favorite weekend attire and check out the awesome vendors, food and drink. Mike McCann Team Tip: Keep an eye out for the pop-up pub from The Dandelion—they’ll serve made-to-order pub food, British ales and extra refreshing cocktails. Even if you can’t get out for the day, you could win dinner for a year at a STARR restaurant by simply entering online (or at 18th and Walnut) for just $5, proceeds go to fight hunger in the Delaware Valley.
- The 2nd Annual Sister Cities Park International Festival starts at 12 and goes until 5! In the beautiful Sister Cities Park in the Logan Square area, the festival will feature a HUGE food and wine pavilion with international delicacies for sale. Celebrate cultural diversity from across the world with cultural dance, art and musical performances! It’s a perfect event for your entire family. You can check out the full list of events here.
- Looking to spruce up your garden or find the perfect gift for Mother’s Day? Hop in your car (or take the train) and head over to Tyler Arboretum for their annual plant sale! They’ll have plant experts to help you pick the perfect flora for you and your lifestyle, volunteers to help you pack up your car and acres of gorgeous land to explore—admission is free all day!
- The Philly Science Festival outdoor carnival promises to be amazing! With over 175 exhibitors will offer super fun experiments, activities, games and entertainment for your entire family! You can make slime, meet exotic animals, learn about robots, tour an elevator, test a crime scene and much more, all in the beautiful Art Museum area…check out the info here!
- Finally, remember that the Broad Street Run is this Sunday! Cheer on the 40,000 some runners as they race through our gorgeous city before you head to your Sunday activities (Open houses, anyone?)! Whether you cheer people on or not, take a peek at the course so you know what streets will be open or closed and when! We’re rooting for every runner, you’re all amazing!!!