The Phillies have their 2014 home opener in just a few hours and that means Philadelphia baseball season is in full swing. Philly is home to the best fans in sports (don’t let anyone tell you otherwise) and we’re psyched for another summer full of Phillies spirit. To get you even more excited for the game this afternoon, we’ve compiled just a FEW of the best things about baseball season.
- All red everything—well, red and light blue and darker blue and green, if we’re celebrating St. Patrick’s day. A personalized onesie for your baby? We have that. A fabulous hat? Here you go. Sweatpants? Collared shirt? Personalized jersey? Done and done. You can never have too much Phillies attire—how else are you going to support your team and fill up Citizens Bank Park with Philly spirit?
- Fireworks!! The beautiful explosions above the field is just breathtaking. We’ll let the photos speak for themselves.
- Ball park food—okay, it’s expensive. But it’s delicious. Where else can you get a cheesesteak, Federal Donuts, seasoned crab fries and a baseball cup full of ice cream all in one place?
- The Phanatic—the most enthusiastic, hilarious and amazing mascot in all of major league baseball.
- And of course, our amazing team. Happy home opener, Philadelphia!